Quick Dash to Britwell For July SHF UKAC

Britwell hill (IO91LO98FM, 229m ASL) on the Chiltern Ridge just South West of Christmas Common and North of Henley-On-Thames is great for 23cm and below. Shielded to the North and East it's not great for SHF bands but a reasonable compromise. Especially as it's just 20 minutes drive North from my home QTH. With work zoom calls ending late, it was a quick dash for the last hour. I had some technical issues largely due to some kit I'd left behind!

3cm and 13cm Systems at Britwell

Band conditions seemed poor but starting on 3cm and quickly found the GB3SEE beacon at 559 and used this to check the offset on my transverter which was 14kc high. First in the log was G0LGS/P then 2E0MDJ/P and G4ZTR (ODX 137km) for 3 QSO's. I failed with G4ASR, G4CLA and G4BXD due to obstructed paths. I'd left a coax adapter behind so the mast had to come down and I swapped the 3cm feeder onto 13cm. Another 3 QSO's on 13cm followed with G4BRK, G4LDR and G0LGS/P (ODX at 79km) all in the last 10 minutes!

Not the best of outings but another warm and pleasant evening playing GHz radio. As usual not many responses to my meeps to request skeds on KST!