Last Lockdown GHz QSO's From Home

For the March SHF I opted for 13cm and 9cm again, but this time on 2 masts to lighten the head load. The 1M WiFi Grid Dish was hoisted on the EA mast at about 6.5m. On 9cm I deployed the smaller 60cm offset dish plus soup can feed on 3 x 1.5m swagged poles using the tripod. After my January and February experiences, both masts were guyed.

With no Portables, the evening was basically a repeat of the February SHF UKAC with the same stations worked on 13cm (G4BRK, G8CUL, G7LRQ, G4LDR, with G4ODA my ODX agan) and this time an additionaly QSO with Pete G4CLA - responding to his CQ call. The local Farnham beacon GB3FNM was reassuringly very loud.

13cm on a slightly wonky mast!

On 9cm with the Pluto SDR and Stealth SM3437, I completed the same single 67km QSO with Neil G4LDR (IO91EC). Towards the end of the contest I also put up 6cm for a giggle and could just hear Neil G4BRK (IO91HP, 39km) over a very obstructed path. He could just hear me but not strong enough to complete a QSO. Next month we will be allowed out to play /P and the evenings will be lighter. I can't wait, GHz has been tough going from home.