Couple of Hours Roving on 24GHz

In mid-September, the second UKuG 24GHz took place. For this one I decided to stay local and revisit Remenham Hill (IO91NM78VW) which is just 10-15 minutes’ drive from home. After setting up in the Autumn sunshine I worked Noel G8GTZ/P and G4SJH/P both at Walbury Hill (IO91GI44, 47km).

24GHz Fun from Remnham Hill

I’m always on the look-out for new locations that have a good take-off to the South West towards Walbury Hill. I’d found a site to the East at Bisham Hill (IO91ON71AF) which was a small farm gate off the A308 Marlow Road. After driving for about 10 minutes I arrived and luckily there was space to park although it was a bit tight. From this site I worked Barry on Walbury Hill again and he was much stronger for my ODX at 53km.
 

24GHz at Bisham Hill looking South West

This was the first outing with the Leo Bodnar Mini-GPS, and whilst I was frequency accurate for the first time ever on any band (which was great!) there was a strange warble on the RX and TX audio. Dave G1EHF/P has offered to resolve that for the next session, which is much appreciated.