A Few More Back Garden 5.7GHz QSO’s

The last Sunday in September was the final UKuG 6cm/3cm cumulative. I had limited time available so opted to stay at home and spend an hour or so playing in the back garden. Weather conditions were dry with a slight wind. 

Quick 30 minutes GHz Play on 6cm

To start with an easy QSO was completed with Dave G1EHF/P on Walbury Hill (IO91GI, 43km) at a very strong signal strength. For the first time from home I also managed to work Neil G4LDR in Salisbury (IO91EC, 67km) for my ODX.

Using 2M SSB talkback I tried with David M0GHZ (IO81VK, 93Km) and George G8AIM (IO92FH, 103km) but nothing was heard either way on 6cm. With about 1W to the 60cm grid dish I could do with some more RF power! I’ve really enjoyed the UKuG 6cm Sunday contests this year with the Pluto SDR, it’s made a huge difference to visually see as well as hear stations using Simon G4ELI’s excellent SDR Console.