Quick Outing on 24GHz

For the very last UkuG Millimetre Contest at the end of October, I took the 24GHz (1.2cm) Nortel transverter and the Pluto SDR back up to Britwell Hill for a couple of hours. Conditions were not that great and in the first hour there a couple of failed QSO's due to obstructed paths. 

My first try was with Neil G4LDR/P on Povington Hill (IO80WP01) in Dorset at 136km who was just too far away. My current ODZ is 67km. I also attempted a QSO with Brian G4NNS (IO91FF19) near Andover but he is blocked by Walbury Hill. 

2 Hours on 24GHz with 3 QSO's
 
Three QSO's were completed with the Coome Gibberlets group on Walbury Hill (IO91GI44): Dave G1EHF/P, Dave's second system M0HNA/P and also Barry G4SJH/P. All good signals over an unobstructed 43km path.


Towards the end I tried with Martyn G3ZME/P on Brown Clee (IO82QL83) and G8ACE in Winchester (IO91IB05), with nil heard each way. I was pleasantly surprised to hear some brief CW pings from Keith GW3TKH who was on the Blorenge (IO81LS19) at 144km distant.