Half a QSO in the October SHF UKAC

Tonight was the October SHF UKAC and I drove up to the top-end of Lacey Green and parked in the lay-by with the farm gate, on the north side of Pink Road, not far from the 236M trig point at IO91OQ on the Chiltern Ridge.
 
I arrived rather late about 9.15pm, it was pitch black and already starting to drizzle.  My target was to try and make 2 contacts and get some much needed SHF points for the Drowned Rats team!

Whilst my 02 4G signal was great, activity was very low - hardly anyone active on 3cm on KST - there was only G0MJW, G4LDR in IO91 square to try, and neither heard my 0.2W and 60cm dish.  A few /P stations I'd hoped to work didn't turn-up, no doubt put off by the rain.

Some rain scatter to the south west meant I had "half a QSO" with David M0GHZ in IO81VK (102km) who came up out of the noise.  We so nearly completed but he just couldn't get all of my details and I'd forgot to bring my key, which would have no doubt helped.  Thanks for the try, and at least it proved my equipment still works! 
  
This 3cm /P lark I've decided is very much akin to carp fishing, you can spend hours at it and not have much luck.  I will do better next month I will seek out a location that over near Newbury that is unobstructed to the south and south west, so I can try and work M0GHZ and G4LDR.  I may re-visit Coombe Hill which I know is good for those directions.  

Anything to try and chalk up some valuable UKAC SHF points, before the 2015 contest year ends!!