2 Hours and 2 QSO's on 3cm

It was a very windy dry afternoon on Remenham Hill (IO91NM) near Henley-On-Thames, which made dish pointing particularly interesting! I took 10GHz and 24GHz and wanted to try a slightly different site avoiding the lay-by on the A4130 which has high hedges.  I parked near a bridleway/footpath and walked along it into a field until I found a gate that gave clear views. 

After setting up, I quickly found M0HNA/P (Barry G4SJH and Dave G1EHF) on Walbury Hill (IO91GI at 45km) on 2m talkback and their signals on 3cm were very strong. Really pleased to finally work the "Coombe Gibberlets" team on 10GHz after several failed attempts.


We tried on 24GHz but nothing was heard either end. I'm still eagerly waiting my first QSO on that band! I intend to meet Dave and test with his gear at close quarters one evening.



G1DFL/P at Remenham Hill on 24GHz and 10GHz

Next in the log was Neil G4LDR (IO91EC at 70Km) near Salisbury.  I also tried with Noel G8GTZ/P, Stu G0LGS/P and Graham G8HAJ but all attempts failed.  Pleased to get out again on the bands, and add a couple more QSO's to my GHz log!